In the municipal park stands a manor house that serves today as Olesa’s town hall. Its 19th-century style transports us back to the days of its greatest splendor as a hotel for visitors to the La Puda Spa, important at that time for the benefits of its sulfurous waters.
Built using the walls of an old farmhouse, the Hotel Gori was opened on May 31, 1899. In 1931, the heirs of the original owners ceded the building and its surrounding gardens to the town. On November 5, 1933, it was opened as the new Town Hall, which, despite various refurbishments over the years to adapt it to the provision of municipal services, retains its original external structure and style, surrounded by galleries on three levels with neoclassical ornamental details and sgraffito designs below the ledge.
Very nearby we find what used to be the apartments (popularly known as “chalets”) for the servants of the wealthy families who stayed in the hotel. Today, this building houses the offices of the Municipal Arts and Trades School and the Associació de Voluntaris de Olesa. The classrooms of the school are located in what was originally the dovecote and storage rooms of the hotel.
Olesa de Montserrat is a municipality rich in culture and tradition, located in the foothills of the mountain of Montserrat. Olesa de Montserrat is located in the north of the comarca (county) of Baix Llobregat, in the subcomarca of Montserratí, halfway between Barcelona and the Montserrat Monastery. The natural area of the municipality, with its beautiful and magnificent scenery, is bounded by the Llobregat river and the mountain chains of Sant Salvador de les Espases and Puigventós. Olesa’s roots are markedly agricultural; it is noted in particular for its cultivation of olives of the palomar or Olesan variety, native to the region, from which the famous Olesan oil is extracted.
CONTACT USCAL RAPISSA - CARRER AMPLE, 25 08640 OLESA DE MONTSERRAT
© 2017 TURISME D’OLESA